Wednesday, July 9, 2014


The last 2 weeks have been a blur but super fun!  I feel like we have been living out of a suitcase- which is not such a big deal because I only have a certain amount of outfits that I can currently fit in.  Big Mama problems!!
So if anyone saw me in Orlando and then in Atlanta- yes... I was in the same outfits just different days.
The family went to Orlando for a little R&R the last week in June.  We decided to take the kids to Disney that Thursday.
Izzy finding out that we were heading down to Orlando
Daddy about had a heart attack before we even entered the park- right there in the ticket line.  Seems like he wasn't listening to me when I went over the cost of the tickets.  He revived about half way through the day and all was well again.

The kid's first ride in Orlando- Bell cart.
Hurricane Izzy was alive and well in Orlando.  She didn't waste any time leaving her mark where ever we went.
Prepping for our first day in Orlando.
We couldn't get Daddy in the picture because he was picking his jaw off the ground and well Aiden... enough said.
 The boys and I waited in line to ride on Big Thunder...
 Someone chickened out.  I won't name names but he is no longer in the picture...
We found out that Olaf and Anna had made one to many desserts and they were kind enough to stop us and give us their extra.  They probably felt sorry for us since we were all drenched in sweat but we were feeling good and stuffed afterwards.
 Ryan finally was starting to get into the Disney mood right before we left the park.  Nothing like waiting until the very last minute to get into the spirit.
We locked the boys up for a while and then came back for them after dinner.  Don't worry... we gave them the leftovers.
This little girl was such a champ.  Who ever decided to book our trip to Orlando in June was crazy!!  It was super hot but she was an angel the entire day.  No meltdowns and all smiles.  I can't say the same for everyone else.
Izzy wasn't too fond of all the rides.  This was how she rode most everything even including the tram to get into the park.  No screaming... just holding tight.
Friday, we went to the Orlando Grand Prix.  We did this last year instead of the Disney parks and the boys loved it!!  They haven't stopped talking about this racetrack since last year.  Seriously!
Izzy wasn't too impressed when she found out that this event was for the boys.  Maybe in a few years Sister!
We hung out and cheered while the boys raced.  Izzy fell asleep and I wished that I had been sleeping.
Our boys left happy.  Aiden too... he was just hiding it really well.
Did I mention Hurricane Izzy came along on vacation with us?!?
The last two days of our vacation was spent at the Resort.  We didn't leave for anything.  We relaxed and swam the days away.
Oh but there was still laundry to do.  Some things never change.
Snow cones, goldfish, juice boxes and swimming.  Every kids dream!!
In case you were wondering ... pouting and tantrums don't stop just because you are on vacation.  He missed the dancing at the pool party because he was in the activity center playing games.  Some how this was Mommy's fault and nothing or no one could make the pouting stop.  Life is rough sometimes!!
 My evenings consisted of this...
A hot bath- with the water pouring from the ceiling.  Yep, you don't see that everyday- and spending my time trying to figure out what that picture is.  Yep, you don't see that everyday either- Thankfully!!
I locked all the doors and soaked.  Mama was happy!
We returned home and unpacked only to pack that same suitcase again in a few days.  Ryan was working all 4th of July weekend and our initial plans changed due to Ryan working so I decided last minute to take the kids to Atlanta.  Chad, Steph, Mom and Dad all had planned on taking a weekend trip.Mom and Dad had to cancel last minute due to my Aunt passing away.  So at 6pm Wednesday night, I had booked our room and taken their place.
All packed in the car and ready to get on the road.

Our mornings consisted of the pool and sun.  Cheap entertainment for the kids.  This trip was all about cheap entertainment (except for the Braves game) but when you are in Atlanta during baseball season- you can't pass up a game.
Uncle Chad spent the morning in the pool with all the kids.  He received a gold star from Steph and I.  Kids in the pool + Chad = Mamas get to relax in the sun.
Friday night, we all headed to the Braves game.  Ethan and I were the only ones probably in the stadium without anything on that consisted of Braves or red, white and blue.  Did I mention that I packed really quickly and that I can only fit into a few outfits?!?
It was a great celebration for the 4th of July!
 Is anyone else brought to tears when you hear the National anthem or flags flying??  

Then there was that time we had to get food for everyone at the Braves game.  Did I mention the game was packed and so were the lines for food?!?  We had some very hungry kids and adults.
After the game- Braves won!!- we were kicked out of our seats since the fireworks were going to be set off behind us.  We didn't mind since we found seats right behind home plate- Score!!
 Everyone was really excited about our seats except Izzy.  She held on for dear life.

I saw her peeking to see the colors of the fireworks but she was not loving the loud noise.  No screaming but she was still and tried to bury her head in my chest.

Do you see pain in my face??  I didn't have a stroller and we parked a good distance away.  Izzy isn't so light anymore and walking in such a large crowd is not something she was too excited about.  So, between Chad and myself we finally got her back to the car.  I only lost feeling in my arms for the rest of the night so that isn't too bad.
The next morning, was some more pool time, of course.  Since I packed in less than 2 hours, I forgot a few things. Swim diapers- we managed- and her puddle jumper- wasn't as easy to manage without.  Aiden is such a good big brother.  He held her tight in the water.  She is Miss Independent when it comes to the pool and doesn't have any fear.  I have enough fear for the both of us.  Lesson learned... puddle jumper will be the first thing I pack next time.
That evening we went to Stone Mountain.  That is some great, cheap entertainment.  We packed dinner and then paid $10 to park our car.  You can't beat that!  We found seats right up front and the kids played for hours until the light show started.

Izzy enjoyed dancing while holding on to my neck.  I tried to tell her this was a choking hazard but she wasn't listening.
 A little cousin love...
When did Sister get so big?!?  
The highlight of the night... Trees caught on fire after the fireworks.  I am sure that this happens often because this is the only picture I could get before the fire fighters had the fire out.

Sunday, was our trip to Ikea.  What is a trip to Atlanta without stopping at Ikea?  Even if you are just browsing.  It is fun!  Well... maybe not for everyone.
He is trying to protest Ikea.  It didn't work.
And these boys... well, I guess they didn't get enough sleep the night before.

This guy was missed while we were in Atlanta.  I am not sure he missed us as much since he had 4 days of peace and quiet.
Sunday evening, we made it home and now... I am not going anywhere for a while.  The boys asked where we are going this weekend and my answer... no where!!  I might not even leave my house.

No comments: