Friday, August 21, 2009

Ethan's Kindergarten Orientation

Yesterday Ethan had his Kindergarten Orientation at Bluewater Elementary. He was very excited until he walked into the classroom. All of the sudden he got very shy (like most of the other kids in his class). They took him on a tour of the school while Mommy and Daddy had to listen to a lecture. He ran into some of his friends which put him a little more at ease. I think he is going to have a great year and will meet a lot of new friends.
On the way home from daycare this afternoon, he informed us that he would prefer to ride the LaPetite bus to school on Monday like a big boy. We told him that he can not take away the experience of sending our first child off to kindergarten. He is going to have to suffer and let us take him his first day. I need to get some pictures of my big boy being sent off into the Big World. I think I am a little more nervous now than he is. Hopefully I won't shed some tears but if I do, at least maybe I will get out of the school before they start. We will keep you posted on our progress on Monday. Wish me luck!!

No comments: