Wednesday, December 11, 2013

He's back...

Ollie the Elf has come back for a visit this year during the holiday season.  Last year, Mommy was lazy so Ollie stayed at the North Pole to help Santa prepare for Christmas.  This year, I thought about doing the same but again I was lazy and didn't pack Ollie away properly 2 years ago so the boys found him in my nightstand.  I will be the first to admit that I won't be winning the Mommy of the year award any time soon.
Sometimes I wonder how/why I got sucked into the Elf on the Shelf but I did and the boys love trying to find him each morning.  Izzy... not so much but give her some time and Sister will be sucked in as well.  The boys are starting to question Santa and his existence (thank you nice friends who like to spoil it for my kids and tell them Santa is really your parents...) but for some reason... Ollie- they believe.  We don't follow all the rules for the elf on the shelf but mainly just wake up to find what Ollie might have gotten himself into.
A few years ago, we traded the original Elf in for a new, creepier looking elf.  Did you think that was even possible? 
Ollie arrived at the house on Saturday while the boys were at a sleepover.  He tried to block them out of the house and ate some of the parade candy.  That will teach them to leave on the night that he arrives.  I would have loved to get their reaction but let's be honest... I wasn't getting out of the bed that early.
Next, Ollie wanted to measure himself on their board to see if he might have a growth spurt during the holiday season.  I ended up hanging him from the top of the board for the night for safe keeping.  Milo might get hungry and think Ollie is his snack.  He does like the taste of cotton and everything else for that matter.
Where will Ollie end up next?? 

No comments: