Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Aiden's 7th bday party

Aiden's birthday was on October 16th so we had his party that weekend.  He wanted another costume party at the house.  I am all for these kinds of parties because they get extra use out of their costumes. We had a great time and everyone was so good!  I am getting used to the parties now where the parents all drop the kids off and I become responsible for 10 extra kids that I don't really know.  Last year caught me by surprise when all the parents left and it was just the kids plus Ryan and I.  I guess times have changed.
We had a few scary costumes show up that sent one girl screaming out the front door.  Thankfully, her Mom was still around.  I felt so bad but the party had to continue.
I decided to have a few games to keep everyone occupied and that worked out great!  Inside we had pin the nose on the pumpkin and then spider darts.

Outside the kids were able to make Halloween masks.
I, of course, had made too much food especially since no one stayed but the kids.  So, my family and I pigged out while the kids played. 
Note to self for next time:  purple and orange icing doesn't go well with costumes. 
Overall, I would say the party is a success and we are done with birthday parties until next year!

Happy 7th- Aiden.  We love you to the moon and back!

No comments: