Friday, February 7, 2014

To dance or not to dance....

That is the question...
Tonight, the boys and I are going to the Valentine's dance at their school.  This is a popular event so this year we finally made the cut.  I didn't realize there were so many rules that came with going to a dance.  Ethan's rules... He has informed us- Aiden and I- there isn't actually dancing that happens.  What?!?  So, I can't do the Carlton, the running man or God forbid- the twerk???  Nope, no dancing!  .
I didn't go to many dances growing up but at what age do you actually start dancing at dances???  So I ask- what will we be doing??  Talking and hanging out with friends.  That sounds a little boring to us so Aiden and I are vetoing this rule and we will be cutting a rug tonight.  Don't worry Ethan, we will try not to embarrass you too much.
Another rule...
People don't dress up.  Ok, I guess I will put their tuxedos back in the closet.  Although, I am pretty sure this rule is false.  I am thinking the girls will be all dolled up!  Maybe I will be able to bribe them into a button up and pants. 
This all should be interesting and I am looking forward to a night out with my boys- even if they act like they don't know me and make me sit by the punch bowl in a corner.
And so no one feels left out, Daddy has promised Izzy a dance party of their very own at the house.  I am sure there will be lots of dancing going on and I bet she would let me dress her up like a princess!  I have to admit that I am a little jealous of Izzy's dance party.
Here's to a fun night of NOT dancing or dressing up for the Valentine's dance!!


No comments: