Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Quick Prayer

This blog is normally about the boys and the fun times of the Holt’s. But today, this is about a Mommy who just can’t seem to get it together lately.  If you have been reading my blog then you probably realize that it hasn't been too personal at least about me.  But hey, this is my blog and I am doing this for the boys so they can have this as a kind of scrapbook of their childhood.  I am very much apart of their life and it is ok that they know that their mommy struggles at times with everyday situations just like they do.  And my struggle right now is patience.  Life is not perfect, right??   


So… this picture has been me lately. I feel like I am burning a candle at both ends. My patience has run dry and it has been affecting every aspect of my life. I am constantly running late (which is not like me). I can’t seem to get things organized. My house seems to never stay clean. My patience has been very short an often time doesn’t even exist. What is most difficult is when I get home from a long day at work and my patience is very short with the boys or my husband. I am not sure if it is getting back into a routine since school was out but they are extra whiney and hyper (difficult combination). However, these boys are my life and I want to be the best example possible. I want them to grow to be great men in this world, who love Jesus, love their family and also have a good head on their shoulders. I want them to know that it is ok to make mistakes in life and learn from them.

So even though I can’t pin point what the issues are (possibly: work, temper tantrums, etc). I am reminded that I can say a quick prayer each day for a little help to get through this bump in the road.  I know that I am never given more than I can handle.

You can ask Ryan... sometimes I am not the best at talking through my feelings or emotions (I know, I am  suppose to be the girl) so I thought it might be good to lay it out there so I can move past this and get on with life.   

Thanks for listening and now let's go and have a good day!!

1 comment:

ReBenMyers said...

oh girl, i so feel ya. I read your post and was brought to tears because I feel the very same way right now. I like to blame it on the weather, but I know it is my own sin that leads me astray. I will pray for you. I know that picture well, if anyone were to come into my house with a camera during the past few days they would see the same thing. I am potty traing, need I say more? Please pray for me too. Love ya. Thank you for blessing me with your post.