Monday, April 26, 2010

Our Weekend...

This weekend the boys and I walked in the Great Strides CF Fundraiser for Ayla's Army. Thankfully I brought our jogging stroller because it came in handy once the boys realized they weren't going to be able to run the 3 miles. I kept telling them that they needed to pace themselves but they insisted on trying to keep up with the first person. Well... that lasted about 5 minutes and then they were taking turns in the stroller. For majority of the way, I was pushing them both in the stroller. We came up with a system where Ethan would get in and then hold Aiden. This was a great system for them but added about 80 lbs to my load. So needless to say, I got my workout. We finally made it around the 3 miles and we went back to play on the blow up slide. This of course was the boy’s favorite part. We were all having a great time until... Aiden lost his socks and had a complete meltdown. I mean, lying on the ground, legs flying everywhere and screaming crying at the top of his lungs. So, as you can imagine, I was really embarrassed by this behavior and then of course everyone turns to see what all of the commotion was and so we had to quickly remove ourselves from the situation. Not a great start to our weekend but we did manage to get through it. I can not wait until we get past this stage of whining and temper tantrums. Please no comments that this stage actually never passes!! I am counting on being able to move past this and sometimes that is all that gets me through when we are is mist of a meltdown.

Once we got home, the boys helped their Daddy with the grass. We Ryan has completely redone our backyard. We have a new deck and now we have grass!! We are trying to get the backyard ready for the boys this summer. They are at an age where they love to be outside and play but we live on a corner lot and everyone seems to drive a bit crazy in our neighborhood. The backyard is small but will be a perfect place for the boys run around and get all of their energy out.

This is what the boys were doing instead of helping Daddy with the grass.



No comments: