Wednesday, April 20, 2011

When I need them most...

When I need my family and friends the most... they always are there!  The past few days, I have been back to my pity party (as you can tell in the last post) but my family knew something was wrong and I immediately starting getting calls and encouraging emails.  It is funny how even when you haven't said a word to anyone, your family and friends know when you are a bit down. 
I enjoy reading blogs from other Moms that are in the same situation but their children are a bit older so they have already experienced where I am at.  I find their words encouraging and it reminds me that Isabelle will fit right in with our family and she will be loved and love us unconditionally. 
I know that these next few weeks or hopefully a bit longer if she will stay put, will be hard and emotional for our family but we will get through it. 
I made sure I gave myself time this morning to read my devotional before even getting out of bed (didn't need a day like yesterday!) and this is what today's said:
Do not be afraid, for I am with you.  Hear me saying Peace, be still to your restless heart.  No matter what happens, I will never leave you or forsake you.  Let this assurance soak into your mind and hearts, until you overflow with Joy.  Though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, you need not fear!
Then, on the way to work, I received a phone call from my Dad with words of encouragement.  Sometimes a girl just needs her Daddy to wrap his arms around her to ensure her everything is going to be OK.  I got that this morning with this phone call.  Then I get to work and I have an email waiting for me from my Mom with scriptures/prayer and just pure love.  So much for not crying today!! But these tears are different, they are from feeling so loved and not feeling alone in "my" situation.  My family and friends are right there with me every step of the way.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for stopping by our zoo. ;-) I'm really glad that you could find some encouragement, both from my post and from the many great ways you are being lifted up this morning! I look forward to reading more about your journey!