Monday, August 26, 2013

We're alive...


Literally... we are alive and I am so thankful.
The kids and I were in a car accident on Wednesday, the 14th.  We were minding our business on our way to church probably singing to the radio and before we knew it... we were in a bad accident.  Looking at my car, I know the outcome could have been so different if not for God watching over us.  I got the brunt of the injuries but I will take that any day just to know that my kids are ok. 
We have had a lot of firsts in this last week- most of them I could have gone through life just fine not having to experience them. 
Other than scrapes and bruises, I have fractured my foot.  I am not able to put any weight on my right foot at this time but I have my next orthopedic appointment tomorrow and I am hoping to hear some good news.  My crutches and I are not getting along too well but each day I do seem to be getting a little more coordinated.
The hardest party of this whole ordeal was that Izzy would have nothing to do with me.  She was scared of my boo-boos and so she wouldn't let me hold her or really even come near her.  I missed my Izzy!!  Thankfully, yesterday she allowed me to snuggle with her and spend some good quality Mommy/daughter bonding time.     
I am so thankful we have great family around to help us during this time.  My hubby has had to take on the role of both Mommy and Daddy and I know he is tired.  He hasn't complained yet even when I have my meltdowns (it is hard to be so dependant upon someone else for everything).
So, we said goodbye to my nice Toyota Rav and now we have replaced it with a Toyota Highlander.  I haven't been able to drive it but we did take a joy ride to pick up some medicine over the weekend.  I think I will be very happy with the new car and I look forward to taking it for a spin.     

No comments: