Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Time for me

Yesterday, I started with an accountability group on Facebook (via a Facebook friend) called "Fit into Fall".  I am excited and I have decided No More Excuses!  I can't really use the line "oh, this is just baby weight" much longer since most of this "baby weight" is supposedly a result of my 9 and 7 year old.  I think it is more because I am just not finding the time to work on me. 
With a full-time job, 3 kids and a husband that works mostly nights right now, it is easy for me to find an excuse not to work out.  But I am ready to find some "me" time and get back into shape.  Mainly to feel better about myself but also to make sure I stay healthy for my family. (I have to work hard to keep these Barfield/Sasser genes healthy.)
Last night, we finally made it home a little after 7:30 pm- long day of work and then running around with the kids.  I was able to put Izzy to bed (thankfully sister is good at putting herself to sleep- unlike her brothers were), got the boy's settled and then downstairs I went to start P90x. 
Well, the boys made there way downstairs and soon became my workout sidekicks. 
Doesn't everyone like to workout in their underwear?!? 

Ethan did great and maintained through the first 30 minutes.  Aiden, well he took a break every minute or so.  Let's blame that on his asthma- exercise induced.
I will have to make other arrangements if they are going to continue to be my sidekicks because I think we each got kicked one too many times.
I wasn't able to get through the entire workout but at least I started, worked up a sweat and got my muscles moving.  I did run jog a little bit on the treadmill afterwards to finish the night off.
I have to say that Aiden is a great sidekick.  He stood by me on the treadmill and said "it's working!!  I can see you are getting smaller."  If only it were that easy son but I will keep him around for the positive motivation!

No comments: