Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year happenings

On New Years Eve, we took the boys ice skating at Baytowne.   I experienced major Mommy guilt about leaving Izzy at daycare but I knew both Ryan and I would need to help the boys skate. 
Chad, Steph and the cousins came with so we knew we would have a great time! 
We started with lunch and I quickly realized my dream day full of fun was not in the cards for us.  During lunch Aiden began having an asthma attack.  Of course, his inhaler was in the diaper bag- which we didn't have.  So after lunch, we headed over to the Pharmacy to see if there was anything we could do.  Thirty minutes of waiting but then I had an inhaler in my hands.  I am thinking that Aiden wasn't as bad off as he was initially claiming because he was still alive and kicking after waiting the 30 minutes.  But we are now better prepared and will keep an extra inhaler around just in case.  This put us all (at least Ryan and I) in a mood but I was determined we were going to have a great time. 
The boys loved ice skating especially once we got them to stop hanging on to the wall for dear life. 



Towards the end, the boys gained confidence and did great.  We will definitely have to go again before they close up for the season.
After skating, we went home to rest for a bit and then the kids and I headed over to Nana and Papa's to play some marbles and enjoy some family time.
The adults tried to play a competitive game of aggravation with a room full of kids... not too successful.  The boys plus Mikayla won so the girls are demanding a redo.

 Izzy loves to stand now so I propped her up against the couch for her to see the world at a different angle.

 Papa bought a few fireworks over the state lines so the kids thought he was awesome. 
 Izzy interrupted the kids game of aggravation by aggravating the kids.
What night is complete without a little wrestling?!?
 These two little kiddos didn't last too late and we were not that far behind.
 We had a trying year in 2012 so we are excited to start a new year and a new chapter.  Hoping for great things and new opportunities.  Happy New Year!!



No comments: