Friday, March 1, 2013

Milestones...

I have been trying to write this post since Monday.  It is now Friday and I still can't seem to get it together.  I am having one of those times/seasons in my life where I am burning the wick at both ends.  It doesn't seem to be working out too well for me but that's life, right?!?  We just keep moving on looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. 
Monday, I stayed home for Izzy's physical therapy.  It has been a while since I have been to this therapy so I was happy to see her progress and talk to her therapist.  Ryan is always the one that stays for PT and he keeps me informed but it is different to actually get to see what she is doing. 
Eating a snack and watching some toons before Mrs T arrives.
Izzy started out on her exercise ball and her balance is amazing.  Then Mrs T brought out the piggy bank.  I learned that this is a new favorite toy of hers.  I made a mental note in the back of my mind.
Izzy sat on a small bench and reached for the coins and then put the coins in the piggy bank. 
Mrs T would give Izzy a little boost on her biscuits and then Sister was standing!
Mommy cried happy tears!! I have never seen her stand on her own. This is such a huge milestone that I have been waiting for. She still has a ways to go before she takes off but at least it is a start.



I asked if Izzy was on track to meet her goals for walking.  Mrs T said Izzy knows all the components for walking but again...we are talking about Izzy.  She knew all the components for sitting and it still took her 3 months to actually sit up by herself.  Sister is stubborn!  I am pretty sure it runs in our family so I can't really blame her. 
Look at her go!!  We are super proud of Izzy!
I am so ready for Izzy to walk.  Most parents regret that statement but she is getting heavy and working out unfortunately hasn't been on my agenda lately.  Sister is making me feel old by the end of the night.  My back aches and I have a knot under my shoulder blade because I insist on holding her on one specific side.  What is up with that?!?   
If Izzy starts walking by my secret goal- that I set in my mind- I will do flips and a major happy dance!  I am sure that will really make me feel old but it will be worth it.

No comments: