Tuesday, August 24, 2010

All about tents...

This weekend the boys were all about their tent.  We purchased a indoor tent from IKEA about a year ago and they suddenly remembered it on Friday night. We dug it out of the garage and set it up for movie time.  They insisted that they lay in the tent on top of our bed for their movie.  It worked out pretty well and this was the end result...
Now I am sure you can guess where Aiden was... wide awake talking our ear off.  The next day Ethan moved to this...
What is it with kids and boxes?? Do they ever out grow spending hours playing around in a box??  Had I known my boys would spend more time playing around in a box, I would have bypassed the toys and gone straight for the free boxes. 
Saturday we spent the day with Daddy at Big Kahunas.  On our way to to the water park, Daddy realized that I have a very hard job keeping the boys in line all by myself.  I think he was worn out by 9:30am.  You see... the boys are in the stage where all they do is fight or everything is a competition.  Ethan:  I brushed my teeth for a second longer than you.  Aiden:  Well... my eye lashes are a little bit longer than yours, so I win!  OK... I am exaggerating just a little but you get my point.  I am very thankful to Nana and Papa for their Sunday afternoons with the boys.  This gives me just a couple of hours of "me" time and by the end of the week it is much needed.

No comments: