Monday, December 6, 2010

14 weeks and a few days...

Today I had my 14 week appointment which was pretty uneventful.  I actually lost a few pounds so I am now below my starting weight.  I don't really mind this but of course, they would like to see the scale tip a little in the other direction.  I haven't been feeling like eating lately.  I have finally gotten over the everyday sickness but food still doesn't look all that appetizing to me.  I am sure this will change in no time at all so I am enjoying being a few pounds lighter for now.
The doctor measured my belly and we got to listen to the heartbeat again.  Everything is right on track.  I am now starting to relax a little more and beginning to enjoy this new adventure.  I have begun to feel a little flutter every now and then so this is also reassuring.  I forgot how great (and weird) it is to feel the baby move around inside your belly. 
I will now start going every 2 weeks to get my cervix measured in hopes of preventing bed rest and another premature baby.  My next appointment will be on December 20th and I will have an ultrasound and hopefully the baby will cooperate so we can see what we are having.  Soon after this appointment, I can bring the boys in to watch an ultrasound so they can begin to grasp the concept of a little baby in my belly.  Right now, I am not sure they can wrap their little brains around the idea.  I am excited for them to share in this experience. 

No comments: