Thursday, December 30, 2010

Shots...

UPS delivered a lovely package yesterday and you would have thought it was Christmas all over again for Ryan.  Inside were these...
Shots!!!  The high risk doctor said I needed to start taking progesterone shots each week to help prevent pre term labor.  Aiden was born a month early after bed rest and a hospital stay.  So they want to help (along with my OB) make sure that this baby stays nice and cozy in my belly for as long as possible.  The doctor said the first shot should be administered by the doctor's office so Ryan can see the proper way to give them to me each week. 
Now, I don't like shots.  I do everything possible to avoid having to get shots.  I start to sweat just at the sight of them or find out I have to have one.  So... the idea of someone other than a professional giving me a shot doesn't excite me and it actually makes me want to run in the opposite direction screaming.  Don't get me wrong...I trust Ryan completely, but he is just a little too excited about these shots.  He wanted to go ahead and start them last night just to try.  I quickly explained that I am not a pin cushion and it's just not going to happen.  I think he might just like to see me squirm.  
Wish me luck as Monday is the start date.  Hopefully the side effects aren't too bad.  But...if I go crazy on someone, I am blaming it on the shots!

2 comments:

The Giffords said...

I feel your pain on this one...literally! I had to do progesterone shots with all three boys for the entire 1st trimester. I will let you experience them for yourself...but if you need someone to complain to about the knots in your hips...I'm here! Praying for you!!

MH said...

If anyone understands steroids craziness it's me, so call me anytime you need to vent!