Sunday, May 15, 2011

At Peace...

*Blogger has been messing up on some posts... this post was actually written this past Wednesday. Not to confuse anyone with the dates.

This morning, I received a phone call from my doctor's office telling me where I needed to deliver Isabelle.   This decision was made due to how far along I am already.  But now that I know and everyone is on the same page, I feel at peace with this decision.  I am finally not stressing out which for me... is saying a lot.  God has protected Isabelle so far and we will not forget about her now.  I still remember at 16 weeks, being told about the DS and the heart defect and then hearing that there are a lot of things stacked against her.  The doctor said, we will be have to wait and see if she can make it through this pregnancy.  You know, ever since that appointment, we have gotten encouraging news and great reports from each appointment there after (and trust me... I have had a lot of appointments!).  At each appointment, we learned that things that they initially saw are no longer there or the issue has decreased so much that it is no longer a problem for her.  Our Isabelle is a strong little girl and a fighter.  She continues to amaze me and I know that she is going to completely change our lives for the better. 
I was at home sick today so I took a little time to read my devotional and of course, it talks about peace.  (Isabelle is going to have to hold off for a few more days because I am not capable of delivering a baby right now.  Whatever I have is kicking my butt.) 
Jesus Calling:
Thank Me for your problems (What?!? I definitely haven't mastered that yet... that is difficult to do) As soon as your mind gets snagged on a difficulty, bring it to Me with thanksgiving.  Then ask Me to show you My way to handle the situation.  The very act of thanking Me releases your mind from its negative focus.  As you turn your attention to Me, the problem fades in significance and loses its power to trip you up.  Together we can deal with the situation, either facing it head-on or putting it aside for later consideration.
Most of the situations that entangle your mind are not today's concerns; you have borrowed them from tomorrow.  In this case, I lift the problem out of today and deposit in in the future, where it is veiled from your eyes.  In its place, I give you My Peace, which flows freely from My Presence.
Isabelle, your family can't wait to meet you.  You have a lot of people who already love you so much!!

No comments: