Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today has been a full day packed with church, family, food, and even a little nap.  I woke up with a sore throat and congestion so we were slow to get started this morning but we made it.   Two great ladies spoke during the service today about Motherhood and some of the trials we face so a lot of it really hit home.  They did an excellent job tag teaming. 
I feel so blessed to be a Mother.  Often times, I wonder if I am doing everything right, saying the right things, disciplining the correct way.  But then I get a little pat on the back every now and then when another parent compliments how well mannered they are or how they listen.  That is when I think, I must be doing something right.  Parenting is hard work but it is so worth it.  I am blessed with two loving, funny boys who keep me on my toes and bring a lot of laughter into my life and a little girl on the way.  These children have changed my life so much already and I can't wait to watch them grow and reach milestones that will form them into the adults they are meant to be.
This morning I woke up to breakfast in bed and this...
(Hopefully Ethan drew me as a pregnant Mommy and that explains the really big dress!)
I found out that the boys wanted to wake me up at 5am to deliver my breakfast so thankfully Ryan was able to push the time back a few hours.  Also, they mentioned making pancakes, bacon, eggs and sausage for breakfast which made my stomach turn so last night I asked Ryan to try and convince them to make a lighter breakfast.  So, I ended up with yogurt and oranges.  It was definitely a nice treat!!
Soon I will be a mother of three.  We are all getting excited to meet Isabelle.  Tomorrow I have my appointment with Dr. E so we will learn where we are with the pregnancy and when she might make her debut.  Although my body is definitely feeling some changes, I am glad she is staying put.  The longer she stays cozy in my belly, the stronger she will be. 
And to my Mom (aka Nana), I want to thank you for being a great role model for me.  You have always been there for me through the good times and bad.  I am blessed to have you in my life and thankful the boys get to experience your love like I have.  I am excited for the influence you will have on Isabelle and the opportunity to help show her how to grow into a loving, Godly woman.  She has already touched each of our lives so much and I know that you have loved her unconditionally from the moment we told you we were pregnant.  For that,  I am forever grateful.

No comments: