Monday, November 21, 2011

Quiet Weekend

It has been a long time since I have been able to say that... quiet weekend.  Friday we decided to take the kids to dinner and a movie.
Isabelle sitting nice and quiet during dinner at Johnny Rockets.
We saw Happy Feet 2 and we all loved the music.  (Even Isabelle- it put her into a deep sleep.)  Saturday was a pretty lazy day for us.  We are finally finished with soccer games and early morning obligations.  I can't say I slept in since Isabelle is still getting adjusted to the time change.  We were up at 5:45am.  So I was able to catch up on few of my shows and do some snuggling.  Then the boys and I put up some Christmas stuff around the living room.  Well... I put up some Christmas stuff and they played with their ornaments.  I thought they were awfully quiet...

A tangled mess
I should have known they were just a little too quiet. It looks like I will be purchasing some new ornaments this year.

Then we decided to watch Cars2 until Daddy got home from work.
Isabelle really enjoyed the movie.
Saturday evening, we enjoyed an early Thanksgiving dinner at Mimi and Poppy's.  Isabelle and I were really tired from getting up so early so we headed to bed as soon as we got home.  Just as we were drifting off to sleep, 2 boys come running in the room and woke us both up.  So, guess who had to put Isabelle back to sleep??

Ethan tried to sing her a lullaby

Then it was Aiden's turn
 I am thankful for our first quiet weekend in a long time.  We have to enjoy it while we can since Ethan is starting basketball in just a few short weeks. 

No comments: