Friday, January 27, 2012

Ski trip...

We are planning to take a quick trip up to Boone, NC next week to ski.  We are hoping to ski on some snow and not the patches of grass and ice that are currently showing on the lodge's ski cam. 
As you can see, it has been quite a few years since we have gone skiing. Ethan was 4 and Aiden was 2 our last trip. They were small enough to ski with me down the mountain and they had a great time but I quickly found out that I was out of shape.


                              

Ryan and Ethan learned a hard lesson that year as well.  Ryan "learned" to ski on our honeymoon.  (Ryan was so sick on our honeymoon. He was near his death bed had a bad sinus infection and slept the majority of our trip.) He did venture out of the condo long enough to take a lesson and then make a few runs with me. So on our last ski trip, Ryan took Ethan up the mountain and soon found out that they had gone too far up and now had to figure their way down with Ethan skiing between his legs.  Needless to say... I didn't see them for a few hours and Ethan stuck with me for the rest of the day.

I swear he is having fun!
This year, the boys are both taking lessons so then we can all ski down the mountain together as a family minus Isabelle (she will have to wait a few years).  I have this mental picture of us skiing happily down the mountain holding hands and whistling but in reality, it will probably be more like something seen on America's Funniest Home videos.  Oh well, we will have fun!

No comments: