Friday, May 11, 2012

2012 Field Day

Both boys had their field day yesterday.  We had a great time and the weather was perfect. 
 Aiden was so excited since this was his first Field day- Kindergarten.
Attempting to pick up marbles with his toes.  

Time to get wet!
Ethan's turn...

Unlike when we were kids... they competed against their class and not the other classes.  After lunch, they competed in the tug of war and the relay race.  These two events are exciting since they do actually compete with the other classes.
I didn't realize at the time but when Ethan was in Kindergarten I took him to McDonald's for lunch and this started what is now known as the Field Day tradition.  Don't dare try and change this because it is a tradition!  Oh my... lesson learned. 
We headed back after lunch and this is what Aiden come out to the fields looking like...

I didn't have the heart to tell him that girls are really the only ones that do the ribbon on the sleeves.  Then I tried to get him to untuck his shirt and all I could manage was to at least get him to pull his shorts back down a bit so he didn't resemble Urkel.   What happened to him after I left his classroom?!?  At least, I can say that he is comfortable in his own skin.  No worries about confidence with this kid!




I missed Ethan's relay.  I guess I wasn't paying attention so I caught a picture of him resting. We all had a fun day together and this just means we are closer to summer!

No comments: