Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy 1 year


Isabelle Claire... today is your 1st birthday!  Can you believe it?!?  This year has flown by and sometimes I want to make time stand still.

What have you been up to??
*You are currently weighing in at 16 lbs 4 ozs.
*You are sitting unassisted and roll where ever you want to go.
*You love your stage 2 foods and are beginning to try some table food. 
*You jabber all the time and love to say- Dada, Mama, Nana (during your physical therapy sessions, you cry out for whoever is not there to help you... mostly Mama and Nana.)
*You are in physical and speech therapy 1x a week.  You are learning so much!
*You are a Daddy's girl right now and I am trying really hard not to be jealous.  It isn't working! 
and most of all... you love your brothers!!  Your face lights up the moment they walk into the room. 

I was so worried when I heard you had Down Syndrome but that little extra chromosome that worried me so does not define who you are and you are proving that to us each and every day.  Down Syndrome is a part of our lives now but it is only a smart part.  I wish I would have known then what I know now... you are my Isabelle and you are perfect!

What is that you say?!?  It's my birthday??
You can and will do everything you want to and you will have your family right beside you cheering you on.  We love you so much and are so blessed that you are in our lives!

Happy birthday little princess!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Happy birthday, Isabelle!! It seems like just yesterday that she was born. I love reading the blogs and watching the children grow up, especially those whose stories began *before* they were born, like Isabelle! She's such a beautiful little girl!!!