Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's day...

These 3 little rug rats have given me the most special title I could have every asked for... Mother.  I love these little guys more than words could say.  They are all so different and I am excited to see their relationship as siblings evolve. 
Each one of them has their own special personality which can test my patience but also teach me something new each and every day. They are helping me to grow and change as a person and a mother.  I have a long way to go but each day I am becoming more like the mother I choose to be.  Some days I take a few steps backwards but others I take leaps forward.
 Ethan:  You gave me the special title of Mother.  I had always dreamed of being a mother growing up and the night I sat in disbelief after seeing those pink lines, I knew my dreams were coming true.  You were the easiest pregnancy but you were very stubborn and wanted to enter the world in your own time.  This was just a glimpse of what was to come.  You like to do things in your way and in your own timing.
After a difficult delivery, our little toddler entered the world and we were now a family.  You taught us what true love meant and how to put someone elses needs before our own.
We are so blessed that you are our son.  You are smart, a great big brother and you make us laugh constantly.  You make Mommy and Daddy so happy!  We are so proud of you and love you so much!
Aiden:  We are so lucky you came in to our lives.  I had a brief meltdown when you weren't the girl we initially thought but now I can't imagine our lives without you. 
You are the life of the party, the class clown and keep us on our toes with your witty comments.  You can be ultra sensitive at times but also extremely loving.  I love your tender heart.  Mommy and Daddy love you so much and are extremely lucky that you are apart of our family.

To my little angel:  We weren't lucky enough to get to meet you but we will one day.  I learned a lot from you in our short time together.  I learned to trust God more instead of thinking I can be in control of everything.  We love you and you are not forgotten.


Isabelle:  Sister... you are loved!  This day is extra special because of you.  You gave me another title I wasn't expecting... Special Needs Mother.  But girl... we are rocking it.  I am learning each day to make the most of this life and live it to its fullest.  I am learning to not judge as much and to love with everything I have.  I am still learning to be more confident and not worry about what others think.  With a little time, I will get there.  You are perfect just as you are!  Mommy and Daddy love you with all our hearts and are so blessed to have you in our lives.

I feel so blessed to have each of you in my life.  I am excited to see each of you grow and mature but do me on thing... slow down a bit!  You all are growing up way too fast!!
Mommy loves you to the moon and back.

No comments: