Thursday, September 16, 2010

Questions from a curious child...

A few nights ago Ethan turned to me and out of the blue said "Mommy, I really want a baby sister.  When will you have a baby in your tummy?"   He currently has a few friends whose Mommy's are about to have a baby so he is wondering when is it going to be his turn to have a little brother/sister.  Questions like these are so innocent but yet so hard to hear because I don't know when/if this will happen.  I still have days when I question God as to why we had to lose our baby. I think he understands my hurt and frustration with the way this played out.   I know that this is just a season I am going through and this will make me stronger as a person and in my faith.  I am thankful for a Father who loves me unconditionally and will never give me more than I can handle- with his help. 

"Come to me when you are weak and weary. Rest snugly in My everlasting arms. I do not despise your weakness, My child. Actually it draws Me closer to you, because weakness stirs up My compassion-My yearning to help. Accept yourself in your weariness, knowing that I understand how difficult your journey has been".

My boys are precious and have such tender hearts.  I love them with all of my heart and I am so blessed to have them in my life.  I couldn't imagine life without either one of them.  They make me laugh often and even cry sometimes but my life is so much more meaningful with them in it.  Thank you boys for teaching me new things each and every day.  I love you both for being exactly who you are!

No comments: