Thursday, March 3, 2011

Leg cramps... Really?!?

Another thing I forgot about with pregnancy... leg cramps!  Last night, I tried to roll over (which tends to take a lot of effort these days) and I woke up with so much pain in my calf muscle that I started screaming and crying for "Help".  I am sure my husband was very happy to be woken up to me screaming.  I picture this going through his mind...  Honey, it's time!!!
Although it would be awfully early for me to go into labor, that is probably what he was thinking when I was screaming "Ouch and followed by Help me!!"  I have to say, that I have never seen him jump up that fast in our 8 years of marriage.  I was impressed.  (I will have to keep this little bit of knowledge tucked in my brain for later use.) Ryan, my hero, came to my rescue and was able to massage and stretch my leg out enough for the pain to subside.  This must mean that I need to drink more water and/or eat some bananas.  That will help, right?? I will get right on that if it means I won't have to feel that pain again!  Oh the many joys of pregnancy.  I think I have blocked some of these wonderful side effects of pregnancy out of my mind since it has been quite while since I have been pregnant.

*Ryan did mention later on that he was amazed at how fast I fell back asleep after all the commotion.  (That leg cramp wore me out! Sleep is precious these days and definitely not easy to come by)  Meanwhile, he was wide awake from all the adrenaline pumping through him.  Poor guy!!

3 comments:

Becca said...

Ohhh, I'd forgotten about that, too. When I was about 8 months pregnant, I do believe that the only time I saw my husband jump like that was when I woke up with a leg cramp, jumped out of bed, realized too late that I couldn't actually stand on my leg, and fell right on my butt. Scared the crap out of him (and me!). Yikes, hope lots of water helps!

Julia said...

This exact same thing happened to me except my hubby literally fell out of the bed. I was like hehehe...owowowow....hehehe...oh..owowowow. Hopefully you can go leg cramp free for the rest of your journey!!

Jaime said...

Lol so funny about your husband! Jen has done that a couple times..It takes me a little longer to get motivated though, so it takes a min to register in my mind!