Saturday, March 12, 2011

Orlando- Part 1

We made it to Orlando in record time.  I actually was able to make it all the way to Tallahassee before the car sickness set in and I had to take over driving.  We were in Orlando by 7:30 and ready to eat some dinner with Nana and Papa.  It was so nice to get away and start to relax at bit.  It is amazing how just leaving town can give you that refreshing that you so desperately need sometimes. 
Dinner took a while since we decided to pick a weekend that spring break started and everyone is down in Orlando for a bit of fun and relaxation.  Once we were back at the hotel, the boys convinced Papa to take them for a swim.  Vacation is the only time when they would ever be allowed to go swimming at 10:30 pm.  Then they stayed up watching a movie until well after midnight.  This is the result of a late night partying...

I couldn't even wake him by bribing him with Mickey Mouse!  He was wiped out.  Mommy on the other hand, had been wide awake most of the night thanks to Daddy.  Ryan has night terrors/nightmares sometimes and will kick and scream until I wake him up.  Last night, he started to scream but I was able to catch him before he got going but then he was running from something all night long.  I was surprised to hear his legs weren't sore in the morning.  I threatened to take him to a sleep study center if this behavior continues. 
Once we were all up and had eaten breakfast we headed to Disney World.  We decided to rent a wheelchair for me to use instead of walking through the park.  I have been so good and trying not to over due it with the pre-term labor that we didn't want to push our luck and end up having Mickey Mouse deliver Isabelle.  It worked out really well once I got over being self conscious initially.
The boys also enjoyed riding around...
I think Ryan got his exercise because I am definitely not the lightest I have ever been and majority of the time, I had one of the boys in my lap so they could rest their legs.
During the day, Ethan began to not feel well.  He was running a fever and began to take a turn for the worse.  We thought he was just getting a little cold but this was really kicking his tail.  We knew that it was time to get some lunch and get back to the hotel for some much needed rest.
Aiden got a piggy back ride from Papa and ended up falling asleep leaving the park...
and Ethan immediately crashed as soon as he got into the car.  He slept for a few hours which he needed.  I think he temperature has finally broke. 
Poor thing was wiped out!!
Tomorrow, Nana and Papa leave to head back home and we are going to head to one more park.  Hopefully both boys will be healthy enough to enjoy it(especially since we already paid for the 2nd day)!  They can't decide if they want to go to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.  Right now, we are heading to Animal Kingdom but we will have to wait and see if we actually end up there.  They have changed their minds about 5 times so far.
Below are a few more pictures from our day at Disney.  These were all taken with my phone.  I am blaming "pregnancy brain" again for not remembering to charge my camera before leaving.

No comments: