Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Orlando- Part 2

The boys finally made a decision to go to Animal Kingdom on Sunday.  We got a late start due to zero sleeping on Saturday night... at least for Mommy and Daddy.   I spoke a little too soon about Ethan's fever breaking on Saturday night.  It actually got worse during the night but he did seem to start feeling better by Sunday morning. 
Before we left the hotel, we had to go to the lake nearby and visit with the ducks.  Papa had taken Ethan on Saturday morning and Ethan loved it and needed to show Aiden.

We got to the park and immediately rented me a wheelchair.  I was a little self conscious on Saturday but by Sunday, I could have cared less what others thought about me strolling around in a wheelchair.  There is absolutely no way I would have been able to walk the entire park without being in major pain by the end of the day.
Animal Kingdom wasn't near as busy as Disney World so we were able to ride a few more rides and enjoy the sights without having to push our way through the crowds of people. Aiden (my little 5 year old) insisted on riding Mt. Everest... one of their huge roller coaster.

I was so jealous that I couldn't ride this roller coaster with him.  Aiden definitely takes after me with his love for roller coasters and couldn't wait until he was tall enough to actually get to ride them.  Papa made me get on my first roller coaster at an early age and I have loved them ever since.  Ethan decided that he wanted to wait until he was a bit older so he and I rode a dinosaur ride (similar to Dumbo) and then shared so yummy popcorn.  He also enjoyed taking a spin in the wheelchair.  I didn't think it was appropriate for me to ask my 7 year old to push me around the park (although he did offer). 

Aiden and Ethan getting cooled off...

We visited the petting zoo and got to see all sorts of animals so the boys had a blast.  We decided to call it a day and head out for some yummy dinner at Maggianos.  Ryan and I love this restaurant and when we are in Atlanta or Orlando we make sure to schedule a visit.
After dinner, we headed back to the hotel so the boys could swim in the pool and then back to the room to call it a night. 
Thankfully, Aiden didn't catch Ethan's cold this weekend although he did have the worst case of eczema that we had ever seen on Sunday evening.  After swimming in the pool and by the time we got back to the room, his legs and arms were out of control.  He was miserable and we only had a limited supply of his medication.  I thought I had packed enough medication to last 2 weeks but of course, I forgot some of his eczema cream at the house.  He did survive and we are now beginning to get his legs back under control.  I am still not sure what caused the major breakout but at least he isn't miserable anymore.

No comments: