Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Aiden's secret fear??

It has come to my attention that Aiden might secretly fear that our house will burn down.  I am starting to wonder if I planted this fear in him because this is my secret fear.  I worry about it a lot and I guess I may have voiced this concern one too many times.  I am not sure why I think about this often but the thought of a fire in our house with my children terrifies me.  Our house is not the best set up for small children.  We are currently living in a 2 story split floor plan.  The master bedroom is downstairs and the additional bedrooms are upstairs.  This would be perfect for teenagers but I want my babies close to me.  (I, of course, would never call them babies to their face in fear of major backlash!)
I was told a few nights ago that at Children's church when the kids are asked to draw something, Aiden has been drawing about our house burning down. (Yikes!!) His first drawing, while very pretty, showed our house in flames and everyone out in the yard- thankfully safe.  His next drawing, a few weeks later, was about a burglar who came and started a fire but everyone got out safely and ran to the hotel right next door.  Now... we don't live near a hotel but Mommy and Daddy both work at a hotel. Confusing to a small child, I am sure (maybe he is saying we work too much)!  I guess I need to stop voicing this fear in front of the kids because I think Aiden has taken my secret fear as his own now. 
So... I have one child worried about the events of 9-11 and the other child is worried about our house burning down.  They should be care free and playing with their toys at this age.  Is all my worrying rubbing off on them?!?  I am definitely not going to win Mother of the Year at the rate I am going!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Tonya...thank you so much for stopping by my blog!!!

I know this can be a scary time, but you are embarking on a beautiful journey. As journeys go, sometimes there are scary parts, but the wonderful parts far outweigh them.

Lily and her extra chromosome bring so much joy to us and all she knows. She truly brings out the best in everyone. Your sons will be so blessed to have Isabelle for a sister!!

Please feel free to ask questions or just vent. Lily also had an AV Canal defect.

I am very involved in the on-line Ds community. Most of this is through Facebook. However, Babycenter.com has a great on-line community too. These groups were a life-line to me when Lily first made her entrance into the world.

God bless you and your family. I will be praying for Isabelle...beautiful name!

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Hi Tonya! Cathy let me know about your blog and I thought I would stop by and introduce myself and welcome you to the "club"! :) My name is Kenzee and I have a little 2 1/2 year old boy. He sports the "designer genes" and is the greatest blessing in mine and my husbands lives! He has a huge fan club and makes everyone so happy.

Gage also had a heart defect, although it wasn't the AV canal. He had a large VSD and 2 ASDs. He had his surgery at 5 1/2 months and he did so well with it. I would love to answer any questions you have and I look forward to getting to know you and your family better!