Sunday, January 23, 2011

A sure Nightmare...


Tonight, Ryan was watching a show that looked back at the events of 9-11.  The boys and I came home from church and just sat down not really thinking about the nature of the show (it probably was a little too much for a 7 year old to grasp).  Soon we were flooded with questions from Ethan.  He needed to understand why someone would intentionally hurt others and he was convinced that if it could happen to them then someone could do it to him or his family.  The rest of the night was spent explaining to him how some people make very bad choices and the results of those choices can hurt a lot of people and also a lot of reassuring that our family is safe.  I have held him while he cried and we prayed for his safety as well as ours but I can assure that this will be a very restless night.  He has already prepared me for when he calls in the middle of the night and needs to come downstairs to sleep.  I better hit the bed soon to rest up!  I have already learned that once he enters our bed, there is little sleep for me and Daddy.  At least Daddy is smart and takes the couch.

No comments: